Whitman & Bloom is a serious dining establishment. Don’t let that turn you off though. It’s a quaint restaurant tucked away in New York City’s Murray Hill. Serving up accessibly priced inventive, seasonal local eats with a hearty and updated comfort food twist, Whitman & Bloom is a must-try.
Whitman & Bloom serves brunch and dinner. The cocktail program employs a modern twist on cocktail favorites and also features originals and some that are a little more playful. The beer selection impressively includes a 12-tap craft beer lineup with beers from local craft breweries.
Owners, Ronan Conlon and Mark Fox teamed up to create this sacred space. With two other amazing restaurants under their belt (Cask Bar & Kitchen and Banc Café), Conlon and Fox tapped Andrew Breslin, a partner in Banc Café and owner of The Red Lion in Greenwich Village to morph Whitman & Bloom from concept to creation. Conlon describes Whitman & Bloom as, “a homey spot that feels like a country kitchen meets farmhouse library.”
Notable Menu Items:
- Roasted Cauliflower: This melted in my mouth.
- Grilled Lamb Ribs: These were the things dreams are made of. Meaty, hearty, perfectly seasoned and crisp.
- Tuna Tartare: Light, fresh and flavorful.
- Four Cheese Mac: Sinfully delicious, but not too heavy or creamy.
- Pan Seared Day Boat Scallops: Perfectly seared, buttery and light.
- Dry Aged Hanger Steak: Tender, juicy and ridiculous flavor.
- Wild Mushroom Flatbread: Surprisingly moist, flavorful and soft.
- Pulled Lamb Sliders: The best thing on the menu. The lamb is to die for!
Check out some of the amazing scenery and menu items at Whitman & Bloom: