I’m just going to start this by saying, I know that I am truly blessed and highly favored.
I was asked to be the red carpet correspondent for the 2015 Soul Train Awards for African Pride. The awards were taped in Las Vegas, so I definitely said, “OF COURSE!” (In all caps)
African Pride is not only a brand I trust and use, but a brand who always makes sure to celebrate us. They are premium quality, affordably priced and lucky for me, they served as proud official sponsor of the 2015 Soul Train Awards that aired nationwide on BET Networks’ Centric TV on November 29th.
Check out the red carpet interviews!
And if you were watching, you were treated to the most on-trend celebrity red carpet hairstyles and fashions exclusively with actress and model Eva Marcille hosting the Soul Train Awards Red Carpet Style Stage. I was gagging over her sleek look. Her hair was cropped, easy and fun and her sequin outfit may have stolen the show.
But here’s the thing about the Soul Train Awards red carpet–everyone and their mommas showed up and showed out and honestly, I was taking notes. There were way too many hairstyles that I thought would be perfect to recreate for the holiday season.
African Pride is pleased to share a variety of tips to achieve your most stylish holiday hair ever! Check out a few of my faves!
Bridget Kelly’s slick ‘do is perfect for short-haired relaxed beauties.
- After using your African Pride Olive Miracle Deep Conditioning No-Lye Relaxer, apply Olive Miracle Anti-Breakage Leave-In Conditioner Creme to wet hair and comb back with a fine-tooth comb. Set under the dryer for 25 minutes.
- Blow-dry your hair for maximum sleekness with a comb attachment, and flatiron small pieces.
- Take a dollop of Olive Miracle Silky Smooth Edges, emulsify it in your hands, and smooth your strands back and into place.
- Bridget Kelly used black bobby pins to secure her tresses at the nape of her neck but you can use gold, silver or bejeweled clips/pins to make your holiday look sparkle!
Naturi Naughton slayed with this sleek high pony. Here’s how you can recreate it:
- On clean, dry hair, apply a generous amount of Olive Miracle Leave-In Conditioner to your edges, temples and the nape of your neck. Use a boar bristle brush to smooth up strands and secure with a cotton hair tie.
- Attach your faux pony tail and spray with Olive Miracle Maximum Strengthening Growth Sheen and flat-iron to smooth and straighten.
Eva Marcille’s coif is perfect for naturals with a similar texture.
- Blow dry your textured tresses to straighten just a bit.
- Smooth on your Olive Miracle Leave In Conditioner down the length of your strands to set your style.
- Use a small, hard brush to brush in place.
For more insights to the looks, follow African Pride’s social media handles — @MyAfricanPride and #MyPrideMyWay.